Friday, March 25, 2011


It is some time ago that I worked with fabric. The last 10 days I made between 30-40 atc's and apc's. Some for swaps, other for trading on AFA. Here are some pictures of what I made:

Some of the techniques I used for these cards were: collaged papers, transparency sheets, screen printing, encaustic wax, soy wax with napkins and water paints.
However I cannot stay away from fabric too long. I am working on some designs ideas for new quilts. Some of these ideas are still very premature, others are more definate. More later.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011


Another one of the tops I started in Pamela's class is finished. The main theme for this excercise was to take as much advantage of the patterns and designs of the fabric as possible. Originally it was supposed to turn into a city scape, but the fabric thought otherwise :-). The 2nd house at the left reminded me of an outhouse, that is the reason that this quilt got it's unusual name. Size is about 17"x17". I am too lazy to measure it at the moment :-). I used handdyed fabric, commercial batiks and other fabrics in this quilt. As long as it had a design I could use, it could come and join the other fabrics.

Saturday, March 12, 2011


I participated with 2 journal quilts in Kate's ALQS5 which means that I get 2 journal quilts in return. This week number 2 arrived:
This little beauty is called 'Starstruck' and is made by Julie Mackinder and I just love it!

Saturday, March 05, 2011

March block

A new month means this year time for a new block. The color this month was green and I used an other variation of a log cabin for it. The log cabin will be used in every block this year. By the end of the year I intend to combine the blocks to a big top and I dont want to have a sampler :-)'.
What I will be doing with it at that time will be something different, but that is not something I will blog about now.