Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fibers journal quilt + swap



On my surfacing group we had to make a theme based journal quilt last month. The theme was fibers. It took some time before I got inspiration but today I made the journal quilt. As fibers I used different colors of blue angelina and chrystalina. Placed this onto a handdyed blue fabric. As quilting pattern I used triangles because on top of the angelina are a number of felt triangles. It is always difficult to take a picture of angelina, but I think you get an idea of the quilt.
The picture on the right shows a chinese coin block. I made two of these for members of my dyeing group. The strips are made from - again - handdyed fabrics. It is a great way of using up scraps but I am glad that I finished them as actually I am not a 'block-person' :-)

No comments: