Tuesday, May 13, 2014


Amongst my inspirational pictures for aerial views (my theme for Voyage this year) there were several ones featuring glaciers. But how to create this? One of the pounded fabrics I did recently gave me the idea. I used the black fabric with the white paint as a starting point.

To accentuate the white areas of the ice I unrolled and split a cotton ball and placed this in the areas where I wanted it. Covered this with black tulle and stitched through it. The tulle is essential to trap the cotton and black is the one which has very little impact on the colors it covers. This is how it looked when it was finished:

 And a detail shot:

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Early Flight

For Sky the theme for the month April was early flight. This is what I made for it:
Background is made from my own hand dyed fabrics. I could not find a real dark one there, so the birds are made from a commercial black. Guess it is time for a dye session :-). Size of this quilt is 12"x12". This quilt will be my donation for the SAQA auction later this year. I will let you know when the bidding starts.