Friday, November 29, 2013


The theme for Sky-is-the-Limit this month was Cosmos. When I read this I knew I wanted to do something with nebula's. Out of my stash I picked an yellow/orang piece of fabric and used knotted as well as stitched shibori on it to create the beginning of the nebula's. Next step was to overdye it using deep navy. To make the stars in the nebula's pop I added additional beading and some sequins on it and this is the result:

I am linking this to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Broken Lines

Last week I showed you the beginning of this project. I added more strips to it and cut these into different lengths. After quilting I handstitched the quilt onto a painted canvas and this is how it looks now:

 Here you can see a detail:

I made this quilt in my series lines for the Free Spirit Artist group. This is the 6th quilt in this series. The canvas is 16"x20" and the title is Broken Lines. While working on this series I discovered that there are many ways in wich lines can be used. Will I continue working with this theme the coming year? I don't know yet.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

new project - new group

If you follow my blog you know that I belong to several groups. This motivates me to make quilts tailored to specific themes. For one of my groups - Free-spirit-artists - I started working on a new project. The theme is lines and on the picture you can see the beginning of it. Okay, I admit you can not yet see much, but that will come later :-)Right now I am also involved in setting up a new online group which will work with a bi-monthly theme. If you are interested in joining us, please leave a comment and make certain that I can reach you. The 'noreplyblogger'  address is not very usuable :-)

Friday, November 08, 2013

Abstract Autumn

The abstract quilt I made for Sky is the Limit gave me an idea for my trees theme for Voyage as well. Same idea but looking differently:
As background I used a snow dyed piece of fabric and for the trees and the falling leaves other hand dyed scraps out of my stash.
Technically speaking my quilts for this year for Voyage are completed, but I have no idea where I put the first one. As we are having a show in France next year, I might have to make a replacement for that one.
I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday. Check out the link to see what other people did this week.

Tuesday, November 05, 2013


This year I am making a lot of quilts with the theme trees. There are so many ways of using this theme and creating something with it. This time I focussed on birch trees. As background I used a multi layered piece of fabric. Using my own photos and some ideas I found on Google I created a line drawing which I enlarged to the size I needed. This quilt is one for Voyage and the size this year is 12"x17". The enlargement I copied onto freezer paper and ironed this on top of the fabric. With paintstiks I colored the areas of the fabric which were not covered with the paper. After it had cured I stitched only the background area. And this is how it looks:
Okay I admit I should have ironed it before I took the picture :-).