One of the things we did was sunprinting a really big piece of fabric. I want to make a cover for my duvet with different prints on both sides. In total this piece is 12 yards. On the internet I found some pictures of the Monstera Deliciosa leave of which I made a line drawing. This was enlarged to 25", 30" and 35". The next step was to copy these enlarged prints to the thin foam they sell at the kids craft department at JoAnn's to be used as templates. The fabric was wetted and we used 3 different Setacolor transparent paints on them (pernod green, emerald and cobalt blue). The big pieces of fabric were carried out to the drive way, the templates placed on them with pebbles on top of them to prevent them from blowing away and some rice was sprinkled on top as well. The other piece was crunched a bit and salt was sprinkled.
The pictures here show the different steps. Because of the size of fabric it is not possible to do this on your own. I love how it turned out.
This week we had 2 rainy days which called for some experimenting. Opposite to sunprinting we did rainprinting. On presoaked fabric some Procion dyepowder was sprinkled and the fabric was left outside in the rain. The fabric turned out nice, but not interesting enough to use this technique more often. At least not with only one color of dye powder, multiple colors might be interested.
Another thing we did was use bleach on black Kona. This picture shows the result of bleach
sprayed over cheesecloth which was placed on top of black Kona. I love the result. This piece will probably turn into a wholecloth quilt, but I also bleached a 2,5 yard piece of black Kona to make a jacket.
The following 3 pictures are of works in progress. First picture is of a piece of fabric placed on shaving cream. This is for a swap of our dyeing group. At the moment this fabric is in the washer. I will post pictures when it is done.
The last 2 pictures show several pieces of fabric around rusted metal. We wrapped the fabric around these pieces and sprayed them with vinegar. This is how they look like the next day. I added some more vinegar today. Hopefully they are ready tomorrow.