Friday, November 29, 2013

Cosmos

The theme for Sky-is-the-Limit this month was Cosmos. When I read this I knew I wanted to do something with nebula's. Out of my stash I picked an yellow/orang piece of fabric and used knotted as well as stitched shibori on it to create the beginning of the nebula's. Next step was to overdye it using deep navy. To make the stars in the nebula's pop I added additional beading and some sequins on it and this is the result:

I am linking this to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

wow what vision you had! Very creatively made and dynamic. The quilting line adds a lot, and the sparkle adds interest against the dark gray.
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

I'd have never thought to create the nebula with shibori and overdyeing! Very creative and great results!

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

I Would love to see this in real life to get the best effect of the beading. Beautiful! Found you on Off the wall friday

The Idaho Beauty said...

What an interesting way to get this effect on your fabric. Great result!

Margaret said...

Don't you just love it when a piece comes together just the way you envisioned it? Great work, Wil!