Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Accident

Some time ago a couple of friends and I had a complex cloth round robin. In case you are not familiair with this, it goes like this: 4 people worked on the same piece of fabric after each other. Each added a layer or changed (for instance discharge) something to it. I don't remember anymore who participated in this ccrr or who exactly did what. What I do know is that one participant emailed me in distress writing me that the fabric got afire while it was in the microwave. Well accidents can happen. After all it was not done intentionally. We decided to let the fabric continue it's route. When it came home I needed quite some time to figure out what to do with it, but here you can see the result.

Normally I put a ccrr fabric in my stash and cut it up when I need something. This one got a special treatment :-). I decided to make a whole cloth quilt out of it and added dense quilting. On these two detail pictures you can see that I used several different quilting designs.

Size of this quilt is 21"x18" (53x45 cm) and I called it 'Happy Accident". I think this is a suitable name.


5 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Nice save!

nadia said...

Ik vind 'm juist heel erg mooi geworden! Als je niet verteld had dat het per ongeluk in de fik was gevlogen, had ik aangenomen dat het bewust zo gemaakt is. Ik vind ook dat je een "lieve" naam aan je quilt hebt gegeven....

Margeeth said...

Uh oh, kan me voorstellen dat de dame bij wie dit gebeurde behoorlijk schrok.
Ik sluit me bij Nadia aan, het is prachtig geworden.

hannie said...

Ondanks, of beter gezegd, dank zij het "ongelukje" is het een heel bijzondere quilt geworden, met een zeer toepasselijke naam!

ParisMaddy said...

This is a fabulous piece. It looks like an aerial shot of earth from a distance. The happy accident and you made it beautiful!