Thursday, December 02, 2010

snow

Winter is starting early this year. When I saw the first snow flakes falling a couple of days ago, my first reaction was saying a couple of words my mother never taught me :-). On the other hand it gives me a chance to do some snow dyeing. Here are the first 2 pieces of fabric I did. The first one is dyed with Moccha and the second one with Kilt Green. As both these dyes are mixed and not pure MX colors, you see the separation of the colors.

At the moment I am dyeing two new pieces of fabric in their colanders.

8 comments:

Nienke said...

Very nice Wil, the effect is so special!

Margeeth said...

You are not the only one jumping to the occasion and starting snowdyes, I did too (and I also said a very bad word, when I slipped and fell of my bicycle).

Unknown said...

Oh Wil and Margeeth! I just dream about snow dyeing! 24C today and getting warmer!
Would you sell some of your snow dyes Wil?

Hugz

Sally

The Hardy Quilters said...

Snow dyeing here as well today. All just dripping in the sink at the moment. I don't like the snow. We get stranded as our house is at the top of a very steep hill and the roads are never cleared. No excuse now for not catching up with my Journal Quilts.!!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Wil,

Love the two pieces but Really love the blue one with the purple in it. :)

Hugs

Suus said...

Both they are very nice.

Thelma said...

Such lovely results!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

You are the first one I have seen to do snow dyeing this season! You get great results.