Monday, February 28, 2011

and one more

With the fabrics I showed on the 23rd I also made this quilt:
It is a translation into fabric of a painting of Corneille: Blue cat and sunflower. No templates were used. Fabrics are a combination of hand dyed ones and commercial ones. The black lines around all the shapes are a characteristic of this painting style. I created them by satin stitching around all the shapes. A very time consuming technique. This quilt is (again) 12"x12". Of the 5 tops I was working on, 3 are now completed. The other 2 are being quilted the coming days. And because I don't want to get bored, I will start another 2 quilt tops this week :-)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, I love your little quilt. I had never heard of this artist before, but I see he is dutch. I am off to Amsterdam in a few weeks maybe I will see some of his work in the art galleries :)

The Idaho Beauty said...

Another vibrant quilt - I'm liking this trend!