Sunday, September 25, 2011

new in my collection

 Every year SAQA holds an auction of small art quilts and when possible I try to buy pieces I like.Not always successful as I am not the only one who wants to buy. This time I managed to get these two quilts.
The top one is made by Meta Heemskerk and is called 'Different':
 And the second one is made by Ruth Olsen and is called 'Shades of Autumn':
Sales this year have been lower than in previous years, so if you want to buy an ar tquilt for a reasonable price have a look at either the auction pages or the SAQA store. The third round of the auction has not yet started so with a bit of luck I might be able to show you another quilt soon :-)

2 comments:

meta said...

Leuk om mijn quiltje te zien op je blog.Ik ben blij dat hij een goed thuis krijgt!

Ruth Anne Olson said...

Thank you so much for purchasing my quilt. I really admire your work and feel honored that you have purchased one of my pieces.