Friday, August 17, 2012

SAQA auction

As every year SAQA has their annual auction in September. A couple of months ago I send in my quilt for this auction. But if you want to bid on it, you won't find it on their auction pages.

In total 394 quilts have been donated. A special group of 106 will be sold in the SAQA booth at International Quilt Festival - Houston. Warren and Nancy Brakensiek selected the works for the SAQA Houston Auction Sale. And my quilt is one of those selected :-))). When I read this on the site it was a wonderful surprise and I feel so honored.

The IQF-Houston SAQA 2012 Benefit Auction Sale will begin on Wednesday, October 31st during the Preview Night from 7:00-10:00 PM Central Time and conclude on Sunday, November 4th at 4:00 PM Central. This is an in-person cash-and-carry purchase only. If you would like to purchase a specific piece and you cannot attend the IQF-Houston show, you are encouraged to find someone to make the purchase for you.

The first section of the online auction starts on September 10. Be certain that you check out these quilts. There are some great pieces available. Now I only hope that they are available, when I place my bids :-)

1 comment:

ba san said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.