Friday, June 28, 2013

Ghost flowers

If you read my blog on a regular base, you know that I am working on another big quilt. I completed the quilting in the last week of May and after that I spend lots of hours removing the quilting paper. Next step was to cut out the flowers and stitch these to the background. The background fabric is a whole cloth, which I dyed several years ago. The fabric for the ghost flowers is a pounded one. Another oldie :-). I have not yet measured this quilt exactly, but the size is roughly 40"x40". I am a member of the Free Spirit Artist group and my theme for this year is lines. This is another piece for that theme. I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

4 comments:

Ineke said...

Mooie oplossing voor de geverfde lap als achtergrond.

Linda A. Miller said...

Love the linear images of the flowers... especially striking over the intense background.

irene macwilliam said...

What a fantastic fabric you created.

Margaret said...

I like this very much. Elegant in its simplicity.