Progress on this little quilt is steady, but slow. I can blame this partly on the weather, but also on the fact that I did not know exactly how I wanted to create this. My first idea was to strip piece the sand and wavy cut blues for the water and sky so that they would go over the whole width of the quilt. But I admit I had doubts if that would look good so I changed my mind. After I had completed the sand part I created separate strips for the water/sky. The downside of doing this was that there was a very clear straight line between sand and water. Hmmm not what I wanted. I wanted a more smooth transition from sand to water. Looking through my stash of sheers and lutrador I settled upon two different blues of thin lutrador. Stitched this together with the sand and water strips and then used my heat gun on it. I have to say I like this effect. Hopefully it will not take me a whole two more weeks to complete this quilt .