Friday, September 20, 2013

Six trees

Last week I showed you the beginning of this piece. After the piecing I quilted it, added the shadows and finally the trees:
For the trees I used mulberry bark and some black paintstick. Only the bark was too white. Am I satisfied with this piece? Not completely, but because of the thickness of the bark I cannot applique additional leaves on it, so it will have to stay like this. This quilt is my 4th piece for this year for the Voyage group.
I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Did you print the fabric using the bark? Or did you use the bark and paint it? I am still working on the coffee and couldn't figure it out. Love the trees!

Lynette said...

This is cool - Wait - you used actual willow bark? That sounds fun and INTRIGUING :D

Carol R. Eaton Designs said...

Fabulous!