Friday, March 14, 2014

Bubbles

Till you start working with a theme you have no idea in how many ways you can use that theme. Here is another approach to circles:

This time it turned into a low contract quilt. The background is woven with two different batiks, both in grey/blue. Quilting is done by following the wavy lines. The smaller circles are placed in the 'squares' created by the quilting lines. For the small circles I used several colors out off my hand dyed stash.
I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday. Check out this link to see what other artists have created this week.

5 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

I am loving this theme....can't wait to see what you do next!

Sylvia said...

Love this piece, very calming.

Nina Marie said...

I love the background - looks great!

MulticoloredPieces said...

This is cool--really like the movement of the background and yet it is so subtle. It shows off the circles well. Interesting composition.
best, nadia

The Idaho Beauty said...

Another fascinating take on bubbles. Brilliant doing the woven background and then setting the bubbles within the squares. The low contrast really appeals to me.