Saturday, June 06, 2009

Can you see me?

I continued working on my green project. What I did this week was rather time consuming. I placed 5 pieces of different green batiks on top of each other and pinned this to the quilted background. My twin needle refused to stitch properly through this thick layer so I had to use a single needle and stitch two rows close to each other. You can imagine how many loose thread ends I ended up with. After they were neatly tacked away the quilt looks like this:
And this is a detail picture:
The next step is evenly time consuming and risky at the same time. I will remove the toplayer or toplayers of the fabrics. Hopefully I don't cut too many of the layers and end up with the background. More pictures will follow later this week
Posted by Picasa

No comments: