Sunday, June 07, 2009

Can you see me?

I continued working on my chameleon quilt today. Parts of the toplayer(s) have been removed. Luckily I had no accidents with the seam ripper or with my scissors :-). Normally the idea for an applique is that it stands out of the background. However not with this quilt. That is no error but I am doing this on purpose. The show for which I am creating this quilt is called Adaptations. These can be found everywhere but I decided to settle on nature and specifically on how well the chameleon blends in with its surrounding.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Margeeth said...

Mooi Wil, je moet twee keer kijken om te zien wat het nu is (op de foto natuurlijk), net als bij een echte kameleon.

hannie said...

Ik had het (na goed kijken)al zo'n beetje gezien bij de vorige foto. Maar nu is het resultaat nog mooier. Prachtig die kleurtjes!

Thelma said...

Awesome Wil!! You never cease to amaze me. I love it!

McIrish Annie said...

what a fabulous project! you are soo talented. thanks for sharing.

Corinne Zambeek - van Hasselt said...

Wat een fantastisch werk, ik ben er helemaal weg van.