Sunday, March 28, 2010

it started out as b/w

A friend of mine knows that I love b/w fabrics and send me a piece of this:
There was a lot of fabric, so I cut it up into several pieces. About half a yard remained white. The 3 other pieces I dyed. One using only turquoise dye. For the other 2 I used alpine blue and basic blue, both colors on a piece so that it looked like this:
A nice mixture, but I wanted to add more blues to it and picked a selection of paint. Textile paint and acrylic, in total 5 different colors. As stamp I used a piece of insulation tube. The result is:
On purpose I sticked to blue colors, as I want to use some of this fabric in the water of the canal houses project


4 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful Wil

mia de vos said...

Hoi Wil, vooral de laatste met de stempels vind ik geweldig.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Those turned out really nice, Wil.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Those turned out really nice, Wil.