Monday, August 30, 2010

screen printing

At the moment I am taking Lyric Kinard's screen printing class at QU. Okay, I have done screen printing before, but with any class you pick up some extra knowledge. Here are some pictures of printing with freezer paper templates. I have been working with poppies and their seed pods for months, so there was no way that I could not use their shape here as well :-)


A start, but this piece needed more:

The same screen, but used multiple times with different colors of paint. For both pieces I worked with previously dyed fabric and a combination of Golden (fluid) acrylics and Setacolor transparant paints. The fabric with the gingko leaves is about 20"x30", the one with the seed pods is a bit smaller.

2 comments:

Hannie de Beer said...

Geweldig Wil.Door de verschillende soorten verf en meermalen afdrukken is het een bijzonder geheel geworden!

mia said...

Wat is de laatste mooi, gr.mia