Sunday, January 30, 2011

white

With one of my yahoogroups we have a yearly project. In 2010 it was a big one: the canal houses. They have been swapped although some are still in the mail. I must admit I have not yet started working on the assembling. After such a huge project, the project for 2011 is smaller. Every month we will make a block in a specific color. How big the block is, is up to the maker. How elaborate or how simple it is, the same. The color for January is white. I decided to make a simple lopsided log cabin using different white fabrics: pfd, commercial, silk and decorate it with white yarn. Here is the picture:
The reason that I keep it rather simple is that at the end of the year I want to use the blocks as a background for applique. I know how and what I want to do with them, but that is something I am not yet telling :-).
My blocks started out as 10"x10", only I made a measuring mistake and cut a couple of blocks 10"x9"from my stabilizer. That meant that I had to change all my blocks to 9"x9". The advantage of not having to swap :-).

4 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

HI Wil,

I really like that idea of making monthly fabric squares in different colors. The choice of fabrics on this one makes it very delicate looking. Very nice.What is the yahoo group called?
Hugs

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Can't wait to see all the blocks and can just imagine that the finished pieces will be fantastic.

Anonymous said...

LOVE white. It's so fresh looking

Sandra Wilkes said...

I found another square! Lovely! Yours is my favorite blog...no doubt about it. I do some painting too. Sandra