Wednesday, March 16, 2011

outhouse

Another one of the tops I started in Pamela's class is finished. The main theme for this excercise was to take as much advantage of the patterns and designs of the fabric as possible. Originally it was supposed to turn into a city scape, but the fabric thought otherwise :-). The 2nd house at the left reminded me of an outhouse, that is the reason that this quilt got it's unusual name. Size is about 17"x17". I am too lazy to measure it at the moment :-). I used handdyed fabric, commercial batiks and other fabrics in this quilt. As long as it had a design I could use, it could come and join the other fabrics.

4 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Wil,

I love this quilt! Great use of the fabrics.

Hugs

Lynn said...

What a wonderful assignment.Love the idea thanks for sharing...great inspiration and your piece is Fantabulous! I like the name too as it MADE me LOOK closely.

Kelly said...

AWESOME use of the fabric designs and color!! It just looks like so much fun!!

Healthier And Wealthier said...

Lovey. So creative. Gotta try this.
Sandra