Hot does not refer to the weather, but is the title of this quiltlet. I made it for the first challenge of the Sky-is-the-Limit group. The fabric started out as a black Kona with a gelprint using different Lumiere metallic paints. Second step was to quilt with red thread flames through it and the word hot. This did not show well enough to my liking so I added lots and lots of yellow/orange/red seedbeads to it following some of the quilting lines. I like the effect, but beading is such a time consuming technique that I doubt whether I will use this technique very often. Size is 12"x12".
The next challenge has been announced, but so far I have not yet come up with a useable idea.