Monday, January 02, 2012

Another bird quilt finished

And another bird quilt has been finished! This one started out as a handdyed piece of fabric which I created in May. On it I used Lumiere textile paint to paint the ruine and the palm trees. The birds are fused applique. This quilt is around 40"x40" (100x100 cm) and heavily machine quilted. I have to measure it to know the exact size. Title is: Swallows of San Juan de Capistrano, a city in Southern California known for the annual migration of cliff swallows.

On this picture you can see some of the details of the quilting I did:


9 comments:

Nienke said...

Mooi Wil, het beweegt in de lucht!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Wil,
Another lovely quilt!
Hugs

tiaolou004 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous. LOVE the quilting you did on it! YEA!!! one down.....how many more to complete?? LOL!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I love the wonderful perspective you've gotten in this quilt. I keep saying I'm going to try something with that "looking up" orientation. This inspires!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love it!

Eef said...

Hoi.
Heel bijzonder, apart en mooi werk. Groetjes Eef.

Anonymous said...

Heel mooi, Wil!

Hannie de Beer said...

Prachtige Zwaluwen! Nog even en we krijgen ze hier ook weer te zien in April, als ze thuiskomen! Een heel mooie weergave!