Friday, May 10, 2013

Alphabet

And once more I am working on an oldie :-). Several years ago I made each letter of the alphabet using a technique or material which started with that letter. On the picture for instance the R is made from rused fabric and the T from tyvek. Some were more easy to find than others, but I managed them all. All that time the fabric was waiting patiently for when I had the time to finish it. And now that time has come. I am in the middle of quilting this one. So with a bit of luck I should be able to post the finished quilt somewhere next week.
I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

7 comments:

Nina Marie said...

I love how a UFO sometimes has to cook for a bit! Can't wait to see what you do with your letters!

meta said...

fun idea, Wil!

Celia said...

I started something like that years ago with embroidery stitches and ran out of ideas. Never thought to include materials! Now if I can just find it again ...

Heather P said...

Looking forward to see what you do with these!

QuiltSwissy said...

Interesting. I never would have thought of that.

Regina Dunn said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. For some reason rst is my favorite part of the alphabet. (R for my first name and T for my maiden name).

Sylvia said...

Great idea! Sometimes things need to pickle for a while.