Many years ago I took a class in which plastic strips - plastic bags cut into strips - were used. I ended up with a small quiltlet which did not even get a sleeve. It ended up in a pile somewhere in my studio. Okay it is not a fun task, but now and then I have to clean up and that is how I came across this quilt again. I decided to cut it up and see what I could do with it. The size is now 7"x7". With cotton perle I blanket stitched the edges.
I painted a 12"x12" canvas and put some cheesecloth over it while I was doing that. This way the canvas gets a textured look. With glue I attached the quilt to it. Maybe it needs a bit more, I am not certain, but it is looking better.