Friday, September 05, 2014

coffee table book

A lot of the quilts I make are 12"x12" and by now I have more than I have wall space to hang them. An option is to put everything in a cupboard but that way nobody will see them. I decided to make a kind of coffee table book using a binder and acrylic. The binder was shortened and with a hole puncher holes were punched in the remaining part of the binder and the acrylic. An office thingie - sorry no idea how this thing is called - connects the parts and a glue downed ribbon covers this. This is how it looks:        


I hand stitched o-rings to the back of the quilts so that the quilts can easily be put into the book - or taken out again.


The book can stand or be placed flat on a table. I will probably rotate the top quilt now and then :-).
I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

3 comments:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

I do lots of small pieces also and this is such a clever idea as a way to display them....thanks for sharing...

Beth said...

Great Idea!

Kate North said...

Excellent idea, Wil - very clever. :)