Friday, September 12, 2014

old work

As I wrote in this post I had cut up an old class sample and attached it to a canvas. Not certain at that time whether it was now complete or not, I kept it in my studio and had a look at it now and then
.

I sampled both washers and beads, but neither option appealed to me. Luckily I had not yet thrown away the remnants of the block and I decided to free the plastic strips of it. These I glued to the canvas, covered everything with a layer of gel medium and let it dry. This time I am satisfied and I can say that it is finished :-).
As it is Friday I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh yeah...much improved. I really like this use of cheesecloth too.

Kelly L Hendrickson said...

Totally LOVE this re-do! Really really really LOVE it!