Sunday, June 29, 2008

blue printing

My holiday is over and it took some time to get back to 'normal' life, but hopefully I will be able to post several times a week from now on. The pictures I show you today are of the blueprinting Kelly and I did. It is a variation on sunprinting for which we used special fabric. On this site you can read more about it - and order the fabric if you are interested. Another name for this technique is cyanotype printing.
For these pictures cheesecloth was placed on top of the fabric and kept in place with pins. Unfortunately there was some wind so the cheesecloth did not stay in position, but I like the effect it gives.



And as we still had the foam leaves we also used them for some pieces. We used the different leaves we had on different pieces of fabric. If you take a close look, you will notice that the finished picture is from another leave than the picture which was taken at the beginning of the blueprinting proces :-) But you get an idea of it anyway.


The fabric we used was about a year old but the effects are still good. I like this technique only I don't know whether I will do it more often as the special treated fabric is not cheap. I know that it is possible to prepare the fabric yourself, but I do not know how much of a hassle that is.



No comments: