Sunday, May 24, 2009


For the K I used knotted resist as a technique. A narrow piece of fabric was the starting point. This I tied into a knot and overdyed it. Result was like this:

To do this technique on say an fq is rather akward. Narrow pieces are much easier to knot.
Out of this piece of fabric I cut the shape of the K, fused it to the black background fabric and stitched it. As you can see on the picture, one of my cats slept on it and left some hair behind.

During the whole year I am showing you once every two weeks a picture of a character. Actually I finished the last one this week, but you have to be patient. For the final lay-out I Intend to use Wordle. I will play a bit and see what interesting lay-out comes up.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Looking forward to see them all together. Your pieces sure are inspirational.