Next step was to go through my batiks. I found a grey/blue one out of which I made the table and a purple one which was perfect for a vase. All shapes were cut without templates. Temporarily glued to the background with a glue stick. When I liked the lay out I machine quilted it, starting with the background. Next was the table. Before I could quilt the vase I first had to make stems and put them into the vase like this:
It is a bit difficult to see, but there are 2 stems. The right side was a bit dark so I made a couple of circles and placed them there. The order in which I make a quilt may sound a bit strange. But after the quilting was done I continued with adding the bindings and part of the sleeve. Stay tuned for the finishing of this quilt.