Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
To do this technique on say an fq is rather akward. Narrow pieces are much easier to knot.
Out of this piece of fabric I cut the shape of the K, fused it to the black background fabric and stitched it. As you can see on the picture, one of my cats slept on it and left some hair behind.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Saturday, May 09, 2009
For quilting design I decided on an idea of a circuit board, all rectangulars and circles. To me this represents the way the mind works. Here is a detail picture:
Monday, May 04, 2009
The next day after ironing the fabric looked like this:
In total I dyed some 8 fq's using this technique. On some of them I will do some more experimenting with discharge paste, maybe bleach, maybe some stamping. There are lots of options I have in my mind.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Next step was to go through my batiks. I found a grey/blue one out of which I made the table and a purple one which was perfect for a vase. All shapes were cut without templates. Temporarily glued to the background with a glue stick. When I liked the lay out I machine quilted it, starting with the background. Next was the table. Before I could quilt the vase I first had to make stems and put them into the vase like this:
It is a bit difficult to see, but there are 2 stems. The right side was a bit dark so I made a couple of circles and placed them there. The order in which I make a quilt may sound a bit strange. But after the quilting was done I continued with adding the bindings and part of the sleeve. Stay tuned for the finishing of this quilt.
Friday, May 01, 2009
The districts are stitched to the background using raw edge applique. As quilting design I used a simple line following the shape of the districts.