Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Longing for summer

A couple of days ago I showed you the start of my journal quilt for this month. It started as one of the samples I made for Pamela Allen's online class. I had to change the size a bit as the CQGB uses 7"x10" for the journal quilts of this year
For this journal quilt I used my own hand dyed fabrics, as technique my favorite raw edge applique. On this picture you can see a detail:
I am so fed up with this winter and all the snow that it brought us, that I called it: 'Longing for summer'.

6 comments:

Ann J said...

Hi Wil! This is so lovely, bright and cheerful and it makes me want to smile! I know just how you feel about the snow, we had another 4 inches over the weekend - wish it would be gone now :-)

Thanks for the last comment you left on my Blog, much appreciated...Luv AJ

Hannie de Beer said...

Wow!! wat een kleurenpracht! Is prachtig geworden Wil!

Kris said...

Love it. The stitching is truly beautiful.

I am so over summer. I am longing for winter. (It's a Southern Hemisphere thing!) So, I understand just where you are coming from with this journal quilt!

esquiltingpassion said...

Hi,
It snowed here most of the day, your flower piece reminds that spring will be sometime.
Elaine

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful and bright really makes me think of spring.

mia said...

Hallo Wil, heerlijk vooruitzicht van de zomer heb je gemaakt. De kleuren zijn prachtig.