Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Canal houses

With a group of friends we are working on a whole row of canal houses. Each will make 10 houses, which will get swapped so we all end up with 10 houses made by 10 different people. Kate, Kelly and Gena have blogged about this project. This time they are faster than I am :-). The storm at sea blocks took up most of my time. They are almost done so I gave myself some time to play. This picture shows one of the canal houses drawn on a stabilizer called Rasterquick:
I marked the important lines, like where is the position of the door, the houses, top of the roof. You get the idea. The nice thing about this project is that - as long as the fabric is hand dyed or painted - you can use anything technique you want. I looked through my stash for fabric I could use. My stash is so big, that I knew for sure that I could find proper fabric. The fabric for the sky and the water is glued onto the stabiliser. For the house the fabric is fused. To create the effect of glass in the windows I used Angelina film.


5 comments:

hannie said...

Een heel fraai grachtenpand Wil! Ik ben benieuwd naar de volgende!Mooi die lucht!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Oh, I like this, Wil, and can't wait to see the houses all together!

maggi said...

That is a lovely house. Such an interesting project. I like that gridded stabilizer.

Thelma said...

Looking great Wil! Great minds think alike cause I was thinking of using Angelina film for the windows too!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Such fun Wil, looking forward to seeing it all together.