The last week most of my time was taken up with cleaning/reorganising my studio. This was really needed as I could not find the things I needed and I knew I still had. By reading this you can probably guess that this is not my favorite way of spending my time :-). The only art-related things I did was stitching the fused canal houses, but that is not something which looks different than the pictures I showed you of the fused stage. So no new pictures of that.
What I can show you is some icecube dyeing I did this weekend. I had frozen some dye concentrate left over from the poppy petals I dyed. When the concentrate is frozen it is practically impossible to see what color the ice cube is. I soda soaked half a yard of fabric, crunched it into a container and placed 10-12 ice cubes on it. After they had melted the fabric looked like this:
A bit too much white was still there so I decided to overdye it, using turqoise. I mixed a dye concentrate of about 5% diluted this with water and added this to the container in which the freshly soda soaked fabric was crunched. As you can see the white is gone and the colors show some more depth because of this over dyeing.