Thursday, July 29, 2010

journal quilts

As you know I make a monthly journal quilt for the CQGB (the contemporary quilters group of the quilters Guild of the British Isles). What you might not know is that they have annual shows of these journal quilts. This year I am sending in these 3 journal quilts:
All 3 I have shown here before. The one at the left I changed a bit as the original metal wire did not show up enough. I replaced it with a thicker wire and placed the woven quilt on a black background. This way it shows more depth.
Materials I used in these 3 quilts are: felt, craft wire, black fabric, white fabric, cheese cloth, paint, again felt, burlap and concrete. Not all these materials are used by every art quilter, but I loved playing with them :-)

3 comments:

Hannie de Beer said...

Alle drie zijn ze heel bijzonder! Worden ze ook geƫxposeerd?

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Wil,
The 3 quilts are so unique! I love them. What did you put on the last one with the netting? Are those ovals made from clay?
Hugs

Lyric said...

these are delicious! I love the texture and the composition of these three pieces.

Welcome to the QU class! I look forward to getting to know you!
-Lyric