Saturday, July 14, 2012

new Sky theme

Although I just finished  a quilt for the Sky group, the new theme: ' Those were the days of wine and roses' gave me some ideas and I started playing with them. The theme is the title of a movie, but I decided to take the theme more literally. Th first step for this quilt was to make templates of the silhouette of roses and iron these onto a reddish piece of handdyed fabric. I mixed two different Lumiere textile paints so that I got this shimmering dark greyish/purple color and used a spounge brush to apply the paint to the stencil. This is how it looked at that stage:

After the paint had dried, I removed the templates and this is how the result was:

 You have to wait till the next blogpost to see how I continued working on this quilt :-)

No comments: