Finally is the only proper title for this quilt:-). Long time ago - early 2010 - I started working on this quilt. Together with a couple of friends we all made 10 different canal houses using our own hand dyed fabrics. When they were completed, we swapped them all out so that each had her own set of houses. I am now talking about early 2011. During that year I started quilting each house independently and then life happened. The canal houses ended up into a big bag in my studio. And here they stayed for another long period. Shame on me. Finally earlier this year I started stitching them together and last week I completed the last embellishments on them. And now at last it is hanging. This was another reason for delay because the whole quilt measures 92"x32" and I had to reorganise some stuff to find a hanging space that big. The size is also the reason that I could not get a proper picture from the front. The only way I could get the whole quilt on a picture was by standing in the door of the guest room and take the picture from that angle.
Here are some details of the houses:
Kate, Sheila, Dawn, Karen, Kelly, Ellen and Gena.