A friend of mine Kelly lives in Minnesota where they have lots of snow. She was able to do some snow dyeing this week. At my place there is no snow but it gave me the idea to do some ice dyeing. The picture on the left is the result. I presoaked some P&B fabric in soda, crunched it and placed it in a container. This container I put outside for the night. Although we do not have snow, it has been freezing the last couple of days. The next morning I brought the container inside and poured a mixture of deep navy and tangerine (both ProChem's) over it and let it batch for about 6 hours. After rinsing I got this lovely fabric.
The fabric at the right is the fabric I intend to use for my 2nd Quilten Speciaal quilt. I dyed it with a mixture of two blacks and when that was done I used 2 different coasters with Dynaflow black and Lumiere pewter paint to create this design. On this background I will be using black and silver lutrador, buttons, quilting and maybe some more painting.