Saturday, July 28, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
I hope this message does not show up twice as I got an error message when I uploaded it.
This is the quilt I made for the Flower Power Challenge of QA. The test showed that I was a violet. For the background I used handdyed fabric in different violet colors of which I made lopsided log cabin blocks. On this background I appliqued a group of violets using commercial fabrics. The size of the quilt is 29"x23". For quilting pattern I used a combination of pansies and vineleafs. I am way ahead of time as the challenge deadline is September 15.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
I went to the ER of the hospital. They took x-rays of my indexfinger and decided that the part can remain there without any problems. Have to get back in 2 weeks to have them check my finger.
I am typing now with only 9 fingers and that is difficult. There were a lot of typo's to correct :-)
No more stitching today. Instead I will be reading the new Harry Potter which the mail brought me today.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
This morning I finished my challenge quilt for Dyehard Surfacing, based on the challenge announced on http://www.thr3foldjournal.com/. The inspiration source for it was the pond in front of my house. There are 5 islands in it and this spring a couple of swans made their nest on one of them. They have 5 cygnets now.
I made the quilt with hand dyed fabrics and lots of quilting on it. In the detail pictures you can see some of it. For the quilt I have to make for module 9 of my C&G 7922 course I want to use the same technique for building the background and probably also for the stitching. This quilt wil be a triptych with foxgloves on it. The foxgloves will be composed of inserts and some of them will be appliqued.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
When I have time I read the mails I get from QuiltArt. Or when I see a mail with an interesting title. Some time ago I read an online test you can do which says what type of flower you are. This test is the starting point for a challenge QuiltArt is doing at the moment. For more information see this link: http://flowerpowerchallenge.blogspot.com/2007/06/flower-power-challenge-guidelines.html.
According to this test I am a Violet. With this I have been playing around in my mind and I have found a layout I want to do for this challenge. It will not be a traditional violet flower. I am thinking of making a background in a violet color with an outline of a violet flower on top of that. After all there is one more meaning of the word violet :-). It is a good thing that I have a lot of time to be creative at the moment, cause the ideas to create quilts are numerous.