This journal quilt is a sample piece for a technique I want to use on a big quilt. I used handdyed/handpainted fabric on it and quilted 3 rows of columns on it. I wanted to place emphasis on the columns so I took some Setacolor (black) and Lumiere (copper) paint and with a brush added paint on top of the quilt. I am happy with the result.
The next step was to do this too on my quilt for the Quilten Speciaal course. On this picture you see that I painted 2 columns with the copper paint. The other quilted rows will be done with black.
This quilt was a difficult one to name. It took a lot of thinking - and some input from friends - but finally I found a name for it. The title will be: 'Montezuma's mystery trails'.