Thursday, January 10, 2008

journal quilt

This journal quilt is a sample piece for a technique I want to use on a big quilt. I used handdyed/handpainted fabric on it and quilted 3 rows of columns on it. I wanted to place emphasis on the columns so I took some Setacolor (black) and Lumiere (copper) paint and with a brush added paint on top of the quilt. I am happy with the result.

The next step was to do this too on my quilt for the Quilten Speciaal course. On this picture you see that I painted 2 columns with the copper paint. The other quilted rows will be done with black.
This quilt was a difficult one to name. It took a lot of thinking - and some input from friends - but finally I found a name for it. The title will be: 'Montezuma's mystery trails'.


2 comments:

Corinne Zambeek - van Hasselt said...

Hoi Wil,
Wordt dit nu je eindwerkstuk, in plaats van de Amoniet? Ik vind dit een heel byzonder werkstuk. Het is heel apart, en heel erg sterk.
Groetjes Corinne

Hannie de Beer said...

Hallo,Will.
Prachtig je journalquiltje!
ik probeer al 'n hele poos om 'n reactie te sturen. hopelijk is dit gelukt!
groete Hannie