Friday, January 18, 2008

more leaves


I made another journalquilt with the decay theme. This time I used different layers of sheers on top of each other and satinstitched the outline of leaves on it. After that I cut the leaves apart and used my soldering iron to burn holes in it. After all, the theme is decay. The leaves are attached with transparant thread on top of a handdyed piece of fabric.
Next time however I will make some changes making these kind of leaves. I will use more scraps of sheers in between the layers and I will use Misty Fuse to keep the layers together. I had thought that with the soldering iron the different layers of sheers would stick together, but they did not.

3 comments:

Françoise said...

This is lovely.

Judi said...

Wil, Those are great. You have so many wonderful ideas. Judi

Té la mà Maria - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you