Friday, January 18, 2008

more leaves

I made another journalquilt with the decay theme. This time I used different layers of sheers on top of each other and satinstitched the outline of leaves on it. After that I cut the leaves apart and used my soldering iron to burn holes in it. After all, the theme is decay. The leaves are attached with transparant thread on top of a handdyed piece of fabric.
Next time however I will make some changes making these kind of leaves. I will use more scraps of sheers in between the layers and I will use Misty Fuse to keep the layers together. I had thought that with the soldering iron the different layers of sheers would stick together, but they did not.


Françoise said...

This is lovely.

Judi said...

Wil, Those are great. You have so many wonderful ideas. Judi

Té la mà Maria - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you