At the moment I am taking an online class given by Laura Cater-Woods together with a couple of my dyeing friends. It is called 'Tempting the Muse'. For the first assignment we had to use a theme and explore it in 3 different ways. I picked 'decay' as theme. The size of this piece is journalsize and I used watersoluble paper on it. I placed the paper on the sandwich and stitched the main veins with freemotion zigzag. For the smaller veins in between I used straight stitching. When everything was stitched I rinsed it very briefly. This way part of the paper remained on the quiltlet and added even more to the decaying effect I was trying to get.