Monday, August 03, 2009


For my C&G diploma course I decided on 'decay' as a theme. That means that most of the activities should have some kind of connection with decay. One of the activities in my present module was foundation paper piecing. As inspiration source I picked an old door with paint peeling everywhere. To get this effect with fabric I settled on a red overdyed with grey fabric covered with dark blue lutrador. After piecing the door I zapped the lutrador so that the more reddish areas showed up much better. It is a sample piece - size A4 (8,5"x11") so I don't know whether it will ever be made into a journal quilt or not. Anyway this is how it looks:


Lynne said...

Hi Wil,
Thanks for getting back to me on email. Unfortunately my email will not allow me to reply, hence me coming this route. Hope thats okay. I think I can assume I have not sent your card, so I will get on to that. Sorry it will not arrive for your birthday, but again, have a happy one.
You have a lovely blog here with lots of interesting ideas. I would have loved to do a C and G Patchworking and Quilting course but I worked full time, and now I dont, I cant afford it!!
Never mind.
Hope the sun shines for you tomorrow.

Melvin said...

I was playing games online however for reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loveing this.


Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing