Monday, August 03, 2009

decay

For my C&G diploma course I decided on 'decay' as a theme. That means that most of the activities should have some kind of connection with decay. One of the activities in my present module was foundation paper piecing. As inspiration source I picked an old door with paint peeling everywhere. To get this effect with fabric I settled on a red overdyed with grey fabric covered with dark blue lutrador. After piecing the door I zapped the lutrador so that the more reddish areas showed up much better. It is a sample piece - size A4 (8,5"x11") so I don't know whether it will ever be made into a journal quilt or not. Anyway this is how it looks:

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Hi Wil,
Thanks for getting back to me on email. Unfortunately my email will not allow me to reply, hence me coming this route. Hope thats okay. I think I can assume I have not sent your card, so I will get on to that. Sorry it will not arrive for your birthday, but again, have a happy one.
You have a lovely blog here with lots of interesting ideas. I would have loved to do a C and G Patchworking and Quilting course but I worked full time, and now I dont, I cant afford it!!
Never mind.
Hope the sun shines for you tomorrow.