Sunday, April 05, 2015

Through

The March theme for Sky-is-the-Limit was 'through'. At first that gave me problems, because what can you do with this theme, but then I realised that I could take advantage of the sample I made for EB's masterclass. Her theme for March was lines. Using this sample I only had to add the oval and I had a suitable composition for the theme through. This is what I came up with:


All the fabrics I used are my own hand dyed or hand stamped ones. This quilt will be my contribution to the SAQA auction 2015.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

There's something quite intriguing about this little piece, Wil. Can't put my finger on it, but I really like it!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wil, I've been so engrossed in my own stuff that I haven't had a chance to comment on this until today. When the photo popped up, it brought a smile to my face - just love the design and all the things it can bring to mind, how the addition of the circle makes it more dynamic. Smiled even more when I read that this was your solution to the theme of "through" - indeed quite perfect. Love that this was a follow-up of sorts to the master class assignment. Here you are, moving down a path that otherwise you might not have started.

Thank you too for your kind words about my latest quilt. Hopefully the next one won't tax me so much!