Monday, May 24, 2010

art cloth

A couple of months ago I started working on a 5 yard piece of art cloth. Several techniques have been used on it already and today I added another one. Out of freezer paper I cut funky spiral shapes. Ironed the freezer paper on top of the fabric:

And applied paintsticks to it. I used blue, teal, green and silver. Brushed the paintsticks over the fabric. Removed the paper. This is how it looks now:

I like the ghostly effect it has because not everywhere the same amount of paintsticks shows up. At least one more technique will be used on this cloth. I know what I want to do, but the fabric has to cure first. Depending on that result, it might be the final one, or maybe another might be needed.


hannie said...

Een prachtig effect Wil! Heel mooi van kleur.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Love the effect that you got on the fabric. Must give it a try . :)