The project I was working on is finished, but you have to wait till I find a proper place to hang the quilt, before I can take a picture of it.
In the mean time I worked on another one. I am a member of Voyage and for this year we are working with a different size: A3 or 12"x17". The theme I will work on this year is trees. And my first quilt for this challenge is completed. For background I used a piece of snow dyed fabric, not in one piece, but in strips. Here is a picture of the background fabric:
I prefer to do my quilting before I do the applique. Maybe a bit unusual, but much easier with the quilting :-). Sorry but I forgot to take a picture at this stage.
The final stage was adding the tree. For this I used a commercial black fabric, fused it, cut out the shape of the tree and ironed it onto the top. Additional quilting was added. Just like my previous quilt I did a facing to avoid a very visible binding and this is how the final results looks like:
Title of this quilt is Winter Sunrise.