Monday, July 13, 2009

handmade stamps

With my dyeing group we had a stamping challenge. For this challenge I made the following stamps:
The stamp at the left is a lino cut which I made some time ago. Although I intended to use it yesterday, it did not happen. I was having too much fun with the other stamps :-). The stamp in the middle is made from a styrofoam pizza tray. I cut out a couple of shapes and glued these to a piece of timber. The stamp at the right is made by glueing rubber bands to a piece of wood. This is the second time that I used this piece of wood. The black lines you see on it are made during a previous stamping session. Here are some results of my stamping:


I used Lumiere textile paint. The picture above is a hand dyed t-shirt. It got a lot of dye spots on it. Too many to wear this shirt to work. I had the option to overdye it, or cover the dye spots by adding other colors on it, like stamping :-)


5 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Wil,

I love the effects that you got with your handmade stamps. Love the rubber band one.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I really like the results of the rubber band stamp - very cool.

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

What a clever way to use the rubber bands, I love the pattern it made.

mia de vos said...

Hoi Wil, vooral die stempel met elastiekjes is leuk geworden, maar toch benieuwd naar de lino
mia

Joy V said...

Love the results Wil, especially the one using the rubber bands. Must try it myself.