Wednesday, September 29, 2010

screen printing

This is work on a whole bigger scale than making atc's:-). I did not only screen print on small pieces of fabric, but also on a big piece of felt which I had bought years ago with the intention of making a coat. I knew that I wanted to decorate the fabric first, but till a couple of weeks ago I had no clue how or with what design. Till I made the templates with the fern leaves and the fiddle heads. I cut out the pattern and screen printed the different leaves and fiddle heads on it before I stitched the parts together.

The coat will probably be not warm enough for winter, but is great for autumn and spring.


Lynn said...

What a fun thing to do. Wear it in good health!

Sally Westcott said...

Hi Wil,
I love the screen printing on your coat. It has been nice to see a close up photo of it.

I've run out of steam with Lyrics course. I enrolled in it by accident (I did the course earlier n the year).


christina said...

Fantastisch! En wat zal het super zijn om een jas te zijn die je zelf hebt gemaakt. Wat zul je veel complimenten krijgen.

mia de vos-weber said...

Hoi Wil,
Die jas ziet er leuk uit. Mooi effect met de bladeren.

mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Corinne said...

Wat een prachtige jas is het geworden. Heel erg mooi.