Wednesday, August 13, 2008

over ice dyeing


The last couple of days I have been playing with procion dyes. I placed a couple of fat quarters soaked in soda ash in the freezer. Took them out the next day and poured dye mixture over them. One of the fabrics had a bit too much white to my liking left so I decided to repeat the whole process using a different color. I have a lot of dye containers which have only a little bit of dye powder left, so this is a great way of using this. The pictures above show the result of two different fabrics. I love how they turned out!
Now there is the problem of how to call this. Normally you call it over dyeing when you repeat the dye process, but do you call it now 'over ice dyeing'?

3 comments:

Kate North said...

yes - dyeing over ice - sounds like a posh cocktail or something... Like that blue and green one in particular.

McIrish Annie said...

very cool! LOL I mean COLD!!! you have taken dyeing to another level. they are lovely

Thelma said...

Yummy Wil,,love them!