Monday, August 04, 2008

quilties and aspen





I am participating in another swap organised by Lenna Andrews. This time it is the Shades of Sunshine quilties swap. Each quilty is 6"x6"(15 x 15 cm) and as the name indicates only sun colors (read yellow, red, orange) can be used. The pictures show the ones I made for the swap (4) and one for the swaphostess Lenna.

Besides these quilties I also worked on my aspen quilt. This picture shows a detail of the trees. I did nog have a black Shiva paintstik so I used some other oil pastel stick to make the dark areas on the tree trunks. The quilting on the trunks was done with a black/white variegated thread, for the quilting on the background I used grey thread. Today I will add the binding to the quilt and than I will be ready to add the leaves. This sounds an unusual sequence, but it works for me:-).



q

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hé dit zijn leukerds, Nice colours, makes me happy!!!